Hair Loss Forum

Discussions on hair loss, hair treatment, hair restoration and how to stop hair loss.

Difference between Propecia and Rogaine.

ROGAINE® UK is clinically proven to help men with hereditary hair loss. Share your experience with the other memebers of community.

Moderator: frank

Difference between Propecia and Rogaine.

Postby dangrvs » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:17 pm

Propecia (finasteride) is a pill that is taken orally in the dosage of 1mg of finasteride. If you are a male who is struggling with hair loss, you may want to try Propecia, which is an oral medication that has been effective in helping many people to regrow their hair. Propecia is available only by prescription so talk to your physician to see if this is an appropriate option for your condition.

Rogaine is used to treat male pattern baldness in patients who are experiencing gradually thinning hair on the top of the head. Rogaine (minoxodil) is a topical formula applied to the balding area in the recommended dosage 1ml applied twice daily. Rogaine works by stimulating the hair follicle which may increase the hair shaft diameter and elongate the anagen (growing) phase - thus regrowing hair. .
dangrvs

Re: Difference between Propecia and Rogaine.

Postby dangrvs » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:48 pm

So, should you use finasteride or minoxidil? You may not need to choose. Some evidence suggests that the effectiveness of both medications used together is better than one used alone. But taking Propecia more than once per day or applying minoxidil more than twice a day will not lead to more hair growth.
dangrvs

Postby MattFoxer » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:28 pm

As for me, i take Propecia daily.
MattFoxer

Postby Trichologist » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:23 pm

Hi All

There is now published medical evidence that taking Propecia and 5% Regaine/Rogaine is slightly better than Propecia on its own....I would definately stick with Propecia as a first choice though.
:ugeek:
Trichologist

Postby Mac009 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:39 pm

I have used both, Propecia as well as Rogaine. Propecia is the best medicine for hair loss.
Propecia works differently with different people. It worked better for me than Rogaine.
Rogaine gave me stronger side effects where as side effects of propecia were mild.

After year and a half, today 80% of my receding hairline disappeared with negligible side effects.
Mac009

Postby mania » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:28 am

I would say that the the propecis and rogaine acting differently for everyone who are using it for hair loss so it would have results differently as well but these not give you permanent soution of hair loss so for you need to visit best hair restoration center Pakistan if you are living in the country ...for best hair loss treatment ..
mania

Return to Rogaine/Regaine Information