Hair Loss Forum

Discussions on hair loss, hair treatment, hair restoration and how to stop hair loss.

Regaine foam not working for me any more - please advice

ROGAINE® UK is clinically proven to help men with hereditary hair loss. Share your experience with the other memebers of community.

Moderator: frank

Regaine foam not working for me any more - please advice

Postby geek84 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:12 pm

Hi Folks

I have been using Regaine Foam for the last 3 months. This did have an effect in that I could see hair started growing in parts of my scalp where there was previously a bald patch.

However, about 2 weeks ago, this has all stopped! The hair has stopped growing, although I am still using the foam as normal. My scalp has also started to feel itchy & sticky all the time, and in fact the hair is dropping out at a faster rate, every time I wash them.

Has anybody else experienced this? What would be the cause of it and how can this problem be solved?

Thanks in advance for your response.
geek84

Re: Regaine foam not working for me any more - please advice

Postby admin » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:04 pm

It could be just your hair growth cycle ie: Regaine causes changes in the hair follicle so that weaker hairs are discarded before making way for new hairs to grow.

As for itchy scalp Regaine lotion can do this as it contains propylene glycol, but the new Regaine Foam does not contain propylene glycol therefore you should not get an itchy scalp.
admin
Site Admin

Postby geek84 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:34 pm

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Regarding the itchy scalp, can I use baby oil in order to get some moisture in there? Would I then need to wash my hair again with shampoo before using the foam?

A few people had suggested that I may experience the shedding of weak hair follicles in the early stages of using regaine foam, yet I have been using the foam for 5 months now. Only up to about a fortnight ago, the hair was slowly coming back in the previously bald patches, but in the last few weeks, I have noticed a sudden increase in the loss of hair, from the previous places where the hair had (eventually), started growing!

What could be the cause of that?

Thanks in advance for your response.
geek84

Postby nikemata » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:08 am

Shift to other brand like trx2. It helps a lot to me.. :)
nikemata

Regaine foam not working for me any more please advice

Postby RichardGhval » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:56 am

It's just a pity that the data from say 23andMe is not completely compatible with FamilyTreeDNA and they don't share databases, so some of us have opted to get tested by both.
RichardGhval

Postby mania » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:42 am

In such situation it's better discuss with a dermotalogist or physician who can really recommend you the best possible solution for this but if still not satisfified then you need to visit best hair restoration center Pakistan for better hair loss treatment ..
mania

Return to Rogaine/Regaine Information