Hair Loss Forum

Discussions on hair loss, hair treatment, hair restoration and how to stop hair loss.

hair integration system

Discuss your hair loss related problems with the other members of community here.

Moderators: dangrvs, frank

Re: hair integration system

Postby lyn22 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:42 pm

Hi

To follow up on the last post I was also wondering if someone had tried the salon hair solved & how they got on. I've been wishing I could have the integration system for a few years now but anything to do with my hair is such a scary step to even think about taking but I'm sick of leading a restricted, curtailed & unhappy, embarrassed life.

Lyn X
lyn22

Postby Trish » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:40 am

I first went to Hair Transform in Liverpool in Feb 2008. I don't have huge hair loss just ridiculously fine hair - particularly on scalp, sides and fringe area. I had the hair integration system and still have it now and I would honestly not want to be without it EVER AGAIN! I have it removed every other visit during maintenance and I honestly am desperate for it to be reattached so I can be the new me again! Its fantastic.

It does feel different at first. When you've been used to dealing with such a small amount of wispy hair on your head, its a bit of a culture shock to have thick, lustrous, heavy hair to wash and dry but the upside is that I only have to wash it twice maybe three times per week ( I used to wash my own hair every day as it would just look truly dreadful if I didn't). It takes me an hour from stepping in the shower to having it blow dried and being ready to leave the house. I can sleep on it, tie it up, swim, go out in the rain! All these things would have just flattened my hair to my head before and I'd look dreadful.

I can't recommend highly enough the expertise and sensitivity shown by Dawn. She's fab and I doubt there is anyone else who can apply this system better than she can. I've had hair extensions at Lucinda Ellery in the past and found them very damaging for my own delicate hair.

Its expensive but its been life changing for me and apparently I now look like my own younger sister (if I had one!)
Trish

Postby TheHairGuy » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:02 pm

Hi,

First post! I went the hair system route a few years back and, considering all options available - i.e. surgery, topical, medication, etc - the cosmetic route really worked for me. At least, until they start hair cloning in the UK!!

I saw the integration systems - how are you getting on with it? Is it easy to maintain?

Peace!

THG :-)
TheHairGuy

Postby Trish » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:33 am

You mean how is the salon maintenance or how am I managing it myself?

I go to the salon every 6 weeks to have it tightened up and on every second visit, (ie Every 12 weeks) I have it removed, scalp thoroughly washed and then the whole thing back on again. Maintenance visits usually take a couple of hours and it's perfectly pleasant and relaxing.

At home it's easy to manage. obviously you have a much larger volume of hair to manage but I find it easy. I section it to blow dry just as I did with my own hai - it just takes longer to dry that's all. My own hair was dry with a few rubs of the towel after showering!! Once I'd got used to the feel of hair on my head and the weight of it, it's just fantastic. It IS my hair. I don't consider it as fake.

I use a good shampoo and conditioner on it but that's really it as far as special treatment goes.
Trish

Postby TheHairGuy » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:02 pm

Hey Trish,

Oh, fantastic! Sounds like you're having a great experience with it :-)
Which salon are you with? I've tried loads!
How are you finding maintaining the hairline at home? I only ask as it's a trouble spot for me!

Peace :-)

THG
TheHairGuy

Postby furryankle » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:03 pm

Dear All
I'm sorry to come in part way through your discussion but i'm desp for some advice!
I have alopecia Areata but i'm now at the stage where I have lost so much, there is not much left. I am getting married next year and my treat from my mum is to have a hair system made and fitted.

I have started researching hair systems and just dont know what or who to use! I have been to Lucinda Ellery for an initial consultation and although they seemed very nice and professional, I am slightly worried as they seem to have alot of bad press.

Can anyone help? I'm desp to not have a fringe, I would realy like a natural hairline is that possible? Does anyone have a hair system like this? Would love to see some photos...

Sorry to go on, just such a big decision to make.

X
furryankle

Postby TheHairGuy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:56 pm

Furryankle,

Yeah, totally - you can have an awesome hair line. It'll take a little maintenance, but no more than hair extensions or 5 minute nails, I guess. Okay, maybe it'll take slightly longer than the nails!

There are a few really good companies out there, and a whole load of really bad ones! Must've gone through about 6 before I found one even remotley good! I'd stay away from Ellery... costs a small fortune and they don't give you any after-support.

Here's a link to some before/after shots at a pretty decent place. You don't have to use them, but should give you an idea of what's out there. Women's systems are exactly the same, just mainly longer, if that's the way you want to go.

http://www.optimahair.co.uk/becausewecare.htm

Hope it all works out for your big day!

THG :-)
TheHairGuy

Postby nic14 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:07 pm

I had a system implemented in sept this year at hair solved and it has been great. I no longer have to worry about waking up and wondering what the heck i will do with my hair ( or lack of) i had to have a full system which did cost £1500 but its been worth every penny. it didnt hurt having it done although my head was sore for a few days after but that was worth it too. i have had one adjustment and its charged at £60 an hour and takes little over that. again there was a bit of soreness for about 24 hours but again it is worth it. I have been on holiday and it was fine and like other people say it just takes longer to wash and dry. I have got my life back and am back to my usual happy self, and not locked away in the house miserable and snappy. Most friends havent even noticed and have only commented on the colour, so it seems to have done the job and those that have said anything, i tell them i have had extensions.
If you are unsure i would say go for it, its definately worth it - go for the consultation, its free and it will give you more of an insight. I would definately recommend it to anyone.
nic14

Postby Dani28 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:53 pm

Hi, I am on the verge of booking to have the integration system done at Lucinda Ellery, but after reading the comments here I'm not so sure. I've had extensions there before which have been ok and they said there will be aftercare where I would meet with Lucida every few weeks after the system is fitted. The price is around 1800 before VAT, is that about the same as other places and has anyone had a system by Lucinda fitted? I will have to have a fringe there also which I'm unsure about, Can anyone recommend anywhere else I could go in London? Sorry for all the questions!
Dani28

Postby TheHairGuy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:27 pm

Dani,

Noooo, don't do it! At least, check out optima in birmingham first. Fraction of the cost, great hair, great aftercare. Seriously, I must've tried, like, at least seven companies before I found them. Seriously, excellent service and hair.
TheHairGuy

PreviousNext

Return to Hair Loss Discussions