Hair Loss Forum

Discussions on hair loss, hair treatment, hair restoration and how to stop hair loss.

hair integration system

Discuss your hair loss related problems with the other members of community here.

Moderators: dangrvs, frank

Re: hair integration system

Postby Dani28 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:51 pm

Problem is I live in London so really need to find somewhere easy to go to often. Have you had the system from their or did you have a bad consultation?
Dani28

Postby TheHairGuy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:10 am

It was actually a girl I used to work with in a call centre who went to Ellery. She knew I used a system as I pretty much tell everyone who complements my hair - but that's another discussion :-)

She didn't get on with them at all. The advertised integration stuff was bad... so she had no choice, having paid all her money, to go on to a full system (shaving her remaining hair). Now, she said that wasn't a big deal, because she didn't have much to work with anyway, but she felt like she had no choice and they didn't even offer her any of her money back. The next big shock was the really bad aftercare she got. They wouldn't even take her calls.

As for the other salon I mentioned - they don't do integration systems, because they don't work that well in all honesty. But they're the only decent company I've found in over six years of searching here in the UK. And they'll teach you to do all the maintenance yourself if it's more comfortable for your lifestyle. I do all my own. Takes about an hour every two weeks, and beats travelling to a salon anyday.

Hope you find what works for you :-)

THG
TheHairGuy

Postby dee36 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:25 am

sharonmc42 wrote:Hi Gayner, how did you get on with your hair sytem? did you decide to have it done? sorry i have only just replied, i dont come on here very often. I have decided to try a hair replacement system now from my hair direct, just because i want to be able to remove it more regularly to clean underneath more often etc and most of all i wanted a more natural looking hair line, i still have my integration system on at the moment as I am waiting for my new one to be made. You can email me if you want on sharon.mccann2@ntlworld.com look forward to hearing how you have got on with your hair :)

Hi Sharon, i was very happy to read your posts as i am seriously considering hair integration after over 10 years of using the weft hair extension system which has done more damage to my already very very thin hair! you talked about wanting a more natural hairline do you not get this with hair integration? my dream is to be able to scrap a full head of hair back off my face into a ponytail :D I am making an appointment with hair transform as it seems to be the one everyone has been happy with.
dee36

Postby Trish » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:46 pm

I honestly wouldn't go to Lucinda Ellery. Made a mess of mine with individual glued in extensions that wrecked what little hair I had. How awful that they shave remaining hair too! I just think thats terrifying and humiliating and scary when you have precious little hair to start with! Hair Transform are fab and the difference is they CARE and will go the extra mile to make sure you leave the salon absolutely happy. Couldn't recommend them highly enough. Good luck!
Trish

Postby imy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:19 pm

nic14 wrote:I had a system implemented in sept this year at hair solved and it has been great. I no longer have to worry about waking up and wondering what the heck i will do with my hair ( or lack of) i had to have a full system which did cost £1500 but its been worth every penny. it didnt hurt having it done although my head was sore for a few days after but that was worth it too. i have had one adjustment and its charged at £60 an hour and takes little over that. again there was a bit of soreness for about 24 hours but again it is worth it. I have been on holiday and it was fine and like other people say it just takes longer to wash and dry. I have got my life back and am back to my usual happy self, and not locked away in the house miserable and snappy. Most friends havent even noticed and have only commented on the colour, so it seems to have done the job and those that have said anything, i tell them i have had extensions.
If you are unsure i would say go for it, its definately worth it - go for the consultation, its free and it will give you more of an insight. I would definately recommend it to anyone.

Hi Nic
Have just started looking into hair systems, have been loosing hair for several years now as a result of a medical condition called lupus. My hair which use to be long and thick and a trademark , is now weak, limp, whispy and thin-am keen on getting some help. Am trying to style it in ways that covers exposed scalp areas but now its becoming a loosing battle-regardless of hairspray, clips etc. its depressing and i feel like its taken a chunk of femininity away too.I now cant be asked to leave the house except to go to work and for necessities.
I was thinking about wheather its possible to get funding on NHS but i assume that will take ages and i want something sooner and am willing to work extra hours to find the cash.

Looked at the website for compnay u used called "hairsolved" in manchester and was wondering
how you found them as an establishment-what was the service like?
Why did you chose them-did u shop around?
has having this done damaged any of your natural hair-esp the part where they thread it thro a mesh?
Also if they dont use glue or braiding at this salon-how do they attach it?
Does it ever feel like its coming off or look unnatural to you?
Have you ever had a panic moment with it ?
Are you able to go to the gym-does a sweaty workout make it bearable on the hair system?
Can you shower as normal?
Does the hair from this system shed?
How much does the realigement cost if adjustment was £60/hr?

I know ive asked a million questions but would be eternally gratefull for any input as im at my wits end and am considering this salon as a possible option?

Imy
imy

Postby hairsolutionsabz » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:34 am

Hello Ladies

I am new on here, so will tell you a bit about my experience of hair loss.

I was raped by my step father from the age of 6yrs till 12, when I became pregnant with the "animal's" child. I was 8 months pregnant before I had even been to the Dr, however my grandfather died, 2 weeks after it was confirmed that I was pregnant, (not related to what was happening to me), then I gave birth to my baby, days later. With the stress of everything, my hair started to fall out. I remember sitting brushing my hair after I got home from the hospital and actually counted all the hairs that had come out on my brush. When I got to 100, I stopped!! Over the years it has continued to fall out, and I did my best to try and back comb, and hairspray to try and hide my problem. Over the years it has really got me down, but like all of you, I have tried to find a sloution.

Finally I found an article by Lucinda Ellery in a magazine, I was delighted when I managed to get an appointment to see her, she is a lovely woman, doing a great job, and the result for me with the integration system was great. My consoultation was on 9/11, the day of the twin towers disaster, I will never forget it. I got my system fitted a few days later, and am still using 1 now, some 9 years later.

You can basicaly do anything that anyone else can do, shower, swim go out in the rain, the snow or whatever you want. Although, I would draw the line at letting a man run his fingers through your hair, and you cannot just tip your head over the edge of the bath to wash your hair under the shower! You really need to get in, as when your head is upside down,you are putting all the weight of the wet hair on the bonds which are attaching the net to your head.

I understand the previous negative, comments about Lucinda Ellery, and I myself actually go to Lucas @ hair-solved Manchester( he used to work at LE) his system is slightly different to LE, The bonds are not glued or heat treated,and I personaly prefer this system as I feel there is less stress put on your precious own hair, it is not as painful, (although the pain dosent last long, and is a very small price to pay)it is alot quicker to have the ajustments done, its cheaper, and in a much smaller salon which feels more personal. It is also slightly nearer to where I stay as I am in Scotland.

As I have researched this matter for so long, and through personal experience, I have never found anyone who does these systems, that has actualy experienced wearing them,and the fact that I cannot find anywhere in Scotland to have them done, I am presently in talks to set up a salon in Aberdeen. So watch this space!! If I can be of any help to anyone or have not answered all your questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
hairsolutionsaberdeen@yahoo.co.uk
Last edited by hairsolutionsabz on Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hairsolutionsabz

Postby Cathy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:18 pm

imy wrote:
nic14 wrote:I had a system implemented in sept this year at hair solved and it has been great. I no longer have to worry about waking up and wondering what the heck i will do with my hair ( or lack of) i had to have a full system which did cost £1500 but its been worth every penny. it didnt hurt having it done although my head was sore for a few days after but that was worth it too. i have had one adjustment and its charged at £60 an hour and takes little over that. again there was a bit of soreness for about 24 hours but again it is worth it. I have been on holiday and it was fine and like other people say it just takes longer to wash and dry. I have got my life back and am back to my usual happy self, and not locked away in the house miserable and snappy. Most friends havent even noticed and have only commented on the colour, so it seems to have done the job and those that have said anything, i tell them i have had extensions.
If you are unsure i would say go for it, its definately worth it - go for the consultation, its free and it will give you more of an insight. I would definately recommend it to anyone.

Hi Nic
Have just started looking into hair systems, have been loosing hair for several years now as a result of a medical condition called lupus. My hair which use to be long and thick and a trademark , is now weak, limp, whispy and thin-am keen on getting some help. Am trying to style it in ways that covers exposed scalp areas but now its becoming a loosing battle-regardless of hairspray, clips etc. its depressing and i feel like its taken a chunk of femininity away too.I now cant be asked to leave the house except to go to work and for necessities.
I was thinking about wheather its possible to get funding on NHS but i assume that will take ages and i want something sooner and am willing to work extra hours to find the cash.

Looked at the website for compnay u used called "hairsolved" in manchester and was wondering
has having this done damaged any of your natural hair-esp the part where they thread it thro a mesh?
Are you able to go to the gym-does a sweaty workout make it bearable on the hair system?

I know ive asked a million questions but would be eternally gratefull for any input as im at my wits end and am considering this salon as a possible option?

Imy

Hi Imy

I'm new to this forum and have just come across your message. Firstly let me reassure you re hair integration systems in terms of the initial fitting at least.

I have just had my system fitted at Hair Solved in Manchester and have nothing but praise for the service I received. I had my initial consultation with Lucas, one of the Directors, just before Christmas and he was very reassuring and answered all my concerns, explained the system and showed me some before and after photos and then I had the full integrated system fitted on 7 January.

I suffer from Trichotillomania and my own hair was very thin and in bad condition and I no longer felt femine or attractive so decided to take action and looked into hair integration systems.

I chose the Hair Solved in Manchester because I live in Sheffield and it seemed to be the nearest salon to where I lived (it takes around 1 hour 15 mins to get there).

Like you I had lots of questions and still have some as I have only lived with the system for 3 weeks.

However, the actual fitting wasn't painful and the girls were very professional and answered all my questions. The way it works is that you have a mesh placed on your head and this is secured by them pulling through strands of your own hair and securing these with small, flat plastic fittings. They then continue this process over the whole of your head until the mesh is fitted to your head shape. They also keep you supplied with drinks through the day and provided lunch.

The next step is they sew in the hair extensions, working from the bottom upwards and finish off with a piece at the front to create a fringe.

The stylist then cuts and styles your hair and gives you advice on maintaining and looking after the system at home. She advised me I would only need to wash my hair once a week, although I can wash it more often if I wish and also to use heat protection spray when straightening my hair and ensure I smooth through some wax every day to help the hair retain some moisture. I was also advised that it is natural for the hair to shed and not worry about this.

The only painful part of the day is paying - it cost me £1500 for the system and the 6-weekly maintenance/adjustments cost around £60 per hour and they have advised me this can take around 1.5 hours. They also do a full re-alignment every 6 months and this takes around 3 - 4 hours.

I was very pleased with the overall result and everyone says I look 10 years younger (so obviously looked a right mess before).

I have washed my hair twice now and find it takes around 2 hours from start to finish. However I have opted for a long style and am considering having a couple of inches cut off this at my first maintenance visit in a couple of weeks time.

The only problem on a daily basis is that I find my hair does seem to get tangled but hopefully if I have some cut off this will help solve this problem.

I have also experimented tying my hair up in a pony tail - obviously you can't take your hair fully off your face otherwise you would see the joins but the stylist has cut my hair in such a way that it is possible to put your hair up or tie back.

I'll post again when I've had my first maintenance check up but I would certainly recommend this salon.

Let me know what you decide to do and good luck!

Cathy :D
Cathy

Postby OL1VER123 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:13 pm

Hi
I tried to send you an e-mail but had no success (hairsolutionaberdeen@yahoo.co.uk) I am looking for a place in Scotland that I could go to - do you know if the aberdeen salon will open soon? :?

hairsolutionsabz wrote:Hello Ladies

I am new on here, so will tell you a bit about my experience of hair loss.

I was raped by my step father from the age of 6yrs till 12, when I became pregnant with the "animal's" child. I was 8 months pregnant before I had even been to the Dr, however my grandfather died, 2 weeks after it was confirmed that I was pregnant, (not related to what was happening to me), then I gave birth to my baby, days later. With the stress of everything, my hair started to fall out. I remember sitting brushing my hair after I got home from the hospital and actually counted all the hairs that had come out on my brush. When I got to 100, I stopped!! Over the years it has continued to fall out, and I did my best to try and back comb, and hairspray to try and hide my problem. Over the years it has really got me down, but like all of you, I have tried to find a sloution.

Finally I found an article by Lucinda Ellery in a magazine, I was delighted when I managed to get an appointment to see her, she is a lovely woman, doing a great job, and the result for me with the integration system was great. My consoultation was on 9/11, the day of the twin towers disaster, I will never forget it. I got my system fitted a few days later, and am still using 1 now, some 9 years later.

You can basicaly do anything that anyone else can do, shower, swim go out in the rain, the snow or whatever you want. Although, I would draw the line at letting a man run his fingers through your hair, and you cannot just tip your head over the edge of the bath to wash your hair under the shower! You really need to get in, as when your head is upside down,you are putting all the weight of the wet hair on the bonds which are attaching the net to your head.

I understand the previous negative, comments about Lucinda Ellery, and I myself actually go to Lucas @ hair-solved Manchester( he used to work at LE) his system is slightly different to LE, The bonds are not glued or heat treated,and I personaly prefer this system as I feel there is less stress put on your precious own hair, it is not as painful, (although the pain dosent last long, and is a very small price to pay)it is alot quicker to have the ajustments done, its cheaper, and in a much smaller salon which feels more personal. It is also slightly nearer to where I stay as I am in Scotland.

As I have researched this matter for so long, and through personal experience, I have never found anyone who does these systems, that has actualy experienced wearing them,and the fact that I cannot find anywhere in Scotland to have them done, I am presently in talks to set up a salon in Aberdeen. So watch this space!! If I can be of any help to anyone or have not answered all your questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
hairsolutionaberdeen@yahoo.co.uk
OL1VER123

Postby jacquirose » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:46 pm

Cathy wrote:
imy wrote:

Hi Cathy
Hope you are getting along fine with your hair. Ive just been reading your post as i have just been for a consultation in liverpool at Hairtransform, which does the same as where you went...I am so scared of getting it done but must take the plunge...did you ever go to liverpool before deciding on manchester....if so could you let me know as its a big and expensive step to take and I want to get it right
Thanks very much
Jacqui

Hi Nic

Imy

Hi Imy

I'm new to this forum and have just come across your message. Firstly let me reassure you re hair integration systems in terms of the initial fitting at least.

I have just had my system fitted at Hair Solved in Manchester and have nothing but praise for the service I received. I had my initial consultation with Lucas, one of the Directors, just before Christmas and he was very reassuring and answered all my concerns, explained the system and showed me some before and after photos and then I had the full integrated system fitted on 7 January.

I suffer from Trichotillomania and my own hair was very thin and in bad condition and I no longer felt femine or attractive so decided to take action and looked into hair integration systems.

I chose the Hair Solved in Manchester because I live in Sheffield and it seemed to be the nearest salon to where I lived (it takes around 1 hour 15 mins to get there).

Like you I had lots of questions and still have some as I have only lived with the system for 3 weeks.

However, the actual fitting wasn't painful and the girls were very professional and answered all my questions. The way it works is that you have a mesh placed on your head and this is secured by them pulling through strands of your own hair and securing these with small, flat plastic fittings. They then continue this process over the whole of your head until the mesh is fitted to your head shape. They also keep you supplied with drinks through the day and provided lunch.

The next step is they sew in the hair extensions, working from the bottom upwards and finish off with a piece at the front to create a fringe.

The stylist then cuts and styles your hair and gives you advice on maintaining and looking after the system at home. She advised me I would only need to wash my hair once a week, although I can wash it more often if I wish and also to use heat protection spray when straightening my hair and ensure I smooth through some wax every day to help the hair retain some moisture. I was also advised that it is natural for the hair to shed and not worry about this.

The only painful part of the day is paying - it cost me £1500 for the system and the 6-weekly maintenance/adjustments cost around £60 per hour and they have advised me this can take around 1.5 hours. They also do a full re-alignment every 6 months and this takes around 3 - 4 hours.

I was very pleased with the overall result and everyone says I look 10 years younger (so obviously looked a right mess before).

I have washed my hair twice now and find it takes around 2 hours from start to finish. However I have opted for a long style and am considering having a couple of inches cut off this at my first maintenance visit in a couple of weeks time.

The only problem on a daily basis is that I find my hair does seem to get tangled but hopefully if I have some cut off this will help solve this problem.

I have also experimented tying my hair up in a pony tail - obviously you can't take your hair fully off your face otherwise you would see the joins but the stylist has cut my hair in such a way that it is possible to put your hair up or tie back.

I'll post again when I've had my first maintenance check up but I would certainly recommend this salon.

Let me know what you decide to do and good luck!

Cathy :D
jacquirose

Postby jacquirose » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 am

Trish wrote:I first went to Hair Transform in Liverpool in Feb 2008. I don't have huge hair loss just ridiculously fine hair - particularly on scalp, sides and fringe area. I had the hair integration system and still have it now and I would honestly not want to be without it EVER AGAIN! I have it removed every other visit during maintenance and I honestly am desperate for it to be reattached so I can be the new me again! Its fantastic.

It does feel different at first. When you've been used to dealing with such a small amount of wispy hair on your head, its a bit of a culture shock to have thick, lustrous, heavy hair to wash and dry but the upside is that I only have to wash it twice maybe three times per week ( I used to wash my own hair every day as it would just look truly dreadful if I didn't). It takes me an hour from stepping in the shower to having it blow dried and being ready to leave the house. I can sleep on it, tie it up, swim, go out in the rain! All these things would have just flattened my hair to my head before and I'd look dreadful.

I can't recommend highly enough the expertise and sensitivity shown by Dawn. She's fab and I doubt there is anyone else who can apply this system better than she can. I've had hair extensions at Lucinda Ellery in the past and found them very damaging for my own delicate hair.

Its expensive but its been life changing for me and apparently I now look like my own younger sister (if I had one!)
jacquirose

PreviousNext

Return to Hair Loss Discussions