Hair Loss Forum

Discussions on hair loss, hair treatment, hair restoration and how to stop hair loss.

hair integration system

Discuss your hair loss related problems with the other members of community here.

Moderators: dangrvs, frank

hair integration system

Postby sharonmc42 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:14 am

Hi I am new on here, has anyone had/or considered a hair integration system where they basically pull your existing hair through a fine mesh and attach extensions.. i have been considering getting this done, its very expensive though and wondered if anyone else had considered it or had one fitted?
sharonmc42

Re: hair integration system

Postby dolphin » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:41 am

Hi there

I think it is suitable if you have short hair only because If your growing hair is long, an integration might not be ideal coz pulling it through the mesh material at the right place could prove to be difficult and time consuming. I have heard about it but do not have any idea about costs etc.
dolphin

Postby derek » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:56 am

Hair integration systems are not a permanent solution and I think you will have to get them replaced after some time. The costs are higher than medical and theraptic hair loss treatments and the process is really complex. Have you considered using anything else that provides you a permanent solution? These days everyone is talking about InterCytex's CTX which will use hair cloning to reproduce hair .. I think it is in its third phase of trials at the moment. Many people have also found Regaine quite helpful. Still many others have restored their hair back using Trichagen. Please come back and share with us if you find some more information on hair integration systems.
derek

Postby marry » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:07 am

checkout http://www.hairsystems.co.uk/html/prices.html for hair integration system prices. I had considered it but then I had to give up the idea because my friend got that done and she was not very happy with it. What exactly is the nature of your hair loss? have you considered wigs? I mean there are many other options you can consider before making any decision.
marry

Postby sharonmc42 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:20 am

Hi, in my previous post I was considering hair integration system, after a lot of research on the internet I found a salon i liverpool and had a consulation. I have thinning hair on the crown and front due to pcos and was previously using nanogen fibres and dermmatch to disguise the problem. I had my system fitted a few days ago. It took a whole day to fit but was definitely worth it, it looks great. It takes a bit of getting used to at first as it feels tight and a bit heavy having so much more hair, and its not cheap but definitely worth it :)
sharonmc42

Postby nicky » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:30 pm

hi i am considering having an integration system. I have been researching it for 2 years now! just wanted some more info from someone who has tried it as you only get the glorified sales pitch from the salons! I would really appreciate any help on the following questions:
how does it feel? is it painful does it pull on your existing hair? does it look and feel natural? can you wear your hair in different styles?
nicky

Postby Mandy26 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:30 pm

Hello Sharron, I am new on the forum, trying to find a deacent hair integration system place. You sound very pleased with yours which is great. Could you please give me the name of the company you used, thank you Mandy xx
Mandy26

Postby Mandy26 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:37 pm

Oh and by the way has anyone had a system, or have any info on Hair Solved in Manchester. I am considering going there for a consultation, so would just appreciate any info at all really. Dreading going anywhere to be honest, had an awfull experience at Lucinda Ellery's and it's really scared me now.
Mandy26

Postby nicky » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:05 pm

hi Mandy
I have been thinking of tryin hair solved. As iv never tried any of the hair systems I was also looking at Lucinda ellery but your review doesnt sound too good! can you tell me more about your experience? I am so terrified this feels like such a big step i dont want to get it wrong!
Thanks Nicky
nicky

Postby Isabella » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:57 pm

Hi I am seeing Lucinda Ellery early September about a system - am worried now as I have seen a couple of people say they didn't have a good experience and I am so dreading it anyway. My hair has thinned on top due to medication and since I stopped taking it hasn't recovered that well - I had been hoping Lucinda Ellery would be a good start to try and decide what would be best for me even though she is more expensive I think

I have seen some really good feedback about Transform in Liverpool who do a similar system to Hair Solved - details are at {no links please}
Isabella

Next

Return to Hair Loss Discussions