Hair Loss Forum

Discussions on hair loss, hair treatment, hair restoration and how to stop hair loss.

Is my condition drug-related?

Discuss your hair loss related problems with the other members of community here.

Moderators: dangrvs, frank

Is my condition drug-related?

Postby MissionMan » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:21 pm

Hi - for many years my hair has got thinner and thinner, but my hairline has not moved. It is now so thin on top (light fuzz) that it looks like pattern baldness, though there is no history of it in my family; I had very thick hair when young, like my Dad and brothers, who have lost none, though I am dark and they are fair. My mother always had thin hair, I am dark like her, but she used to envy its thickness.

I always accepted the situation as a fact of life, but after 20 years of continual light loss my hairline is still in the same place. It is just that I look bald! And finally, I am beginning to wonder.

I take drugs to control epilepsy (Epilim, or Sodium Valproate). The loss started at about the time I started taking it (I was 31). I can't blame it on that, but it's possible: I know that ('temporary') hair loss is an occasional reported side effect; however I won't change my medication, it would disrupt my life too much.

The question I have is: if (and only if) my loss is not hormone-related, what treatments might be available to help thicken my hair?

Any advice very welcome!
MissionMan

Re: Is my condition drug-related?

Postby admin » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:10 pm

Only a qualified trichologist would be able to answer your questions after blood tests.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Is my condition drug-related?

Postby mania » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:43 pm

I think you to consult the dermotalogist for better advice and recommendation of medince or hair thinning treatment that would be PPR therapy or if it caused hair loss then it would be fue hair transplant surgery so more information vist fue hair transplantation in Peshawar ....
mania

Return to Hair Loss Discussions