Hair Loss Forum

Discussions on hair loss, hair treatment, hair restoration and how to stop hair loss.

Hair loss due to folliculitis or sebhorreic dermatitis

Discuss your hair loss related problems with the other members of community here.

Moderators: dangrvs, frank

Postby trv26 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:12 am

Hi, I've been having some problems with my scalp for almost exactly a year. My GP kept diagnosing it as sebhorreic dermatitis which I wasn't happy with as I could feel boils on my scalp. Eventually he said lets cover all our bases and said and gave me a combination of oxytetracycline(for folliculitis) and Polytar shampoo(for dandruff/dermatitis). This seems to have done the trick although I still have itching of my scalp.

Now, these problems have left me with some hair loss right above my forehead, at the temples and at the back of my head. I went to the Belgravia Hair Loss centre and the woman I saw said it seemed like pattern hair loss. However, I am understandably not convinced.

Anyway, assuming the cause of the hair loss is folliculitis or dermatitis(unless you have a different opinion), what are my options. Will the hair grow back on its own? Can I help the regrowth somehow? Thing is however that, I've been taking photographs of the bald patch over the months and I have seen no improvements. Could it just be because I hadn't yet managed to get my scalp problems under control? Or could it be permanent?

Finally(for people from the UK), is my GP obliged to refer me to a dermatologist if I ask him to so that I can get a better opinion of my hair loss?
trv26

Postby Starsbest » Sat May 30, 2009 9:55 pm

I apologise, but, in my opinion, you are not right. Let's discuss it. Write to me in PM.
Starsbest

Re: Hair loss due to folliculitis or sebhorreic dermatitis

Postby mania » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:51 am

Well it's definitely possilble to regrow the lost hair by the latest advanced procedure of hair transplant surgery after a period of some time the natural hair recovered but this you need to choose the best hair transplant center in Islamabad for more details you can get from here...
mania

Return to Hair Loss Discussions