Hair Loss Forum

Discussions on hair loss, hair treatment, hair restoration and how to stop hair loss.

Can I stop taking Propecia now?

Discuss your hair loss related problems with the other members of community here.

Moderators: dangrvs, frank

Can I stop taking Propecia now?

Postby ellisd88 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:05 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just after a bit of advice really. I have very limited hair loss with some slight thinning on the crown and having taken Propecia and Minoxidil for 4 years, I have recently started using the lasercomb which only after a few weeks has improved the condition of my hair.

I am quite to keen to come off propecia as don't want to be messing with biology for too long but obviously don't want to lose anymore hair? Now that I'm using the lasercomb do you think I will be able to stop taking Propecia but keep the amount of hari i currently have?
ellisd88

Re: Can I stop taking Propecia now?

Postby CountryBoy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:48 pm

I'd be really careful, hair growth treatments take at the least months if not years to have any effect at all.

If you're on Propecia and Minoxidil long term they may have been having an effect you didn't notice so much as it was gradual, but if you stop then all the good they've done will stop, and your hair could go very thin quite quickly. :shock:

I wouldn't think a lasercomb would have an effect that quickly? I know the juries still out, and some people are really angry about some of their advertising :evil: , but even if you think it works it must take longer than a few weeks.

You can try coming off Propecia and Minoxdil, but do it one at a time and slowly phasing out the doses not just stopping cold. Hopefully you'' be fine and can stop using them but let us know either way!

Good Luck :)
CountryBoy

Can I stop taking Propecia now

Postby ontothneuch » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:56 pm

Congrats
I know it works, was using it after my BC and it was ok. Now i can put it in my scalp because of my hair growing, is to difficult when the hair dont want to stay quiet and wanna "see" what your doing and put it in my hair makes it dry, so i stop untill my hair grows a little bit.
ontothneuch

Re: Can I stop taking Propecia now?

Postby mania » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:29 pm

I think it's better to follow the advice of your dermatologist it will give be definitely very effectice for your hair loss treament as to used the Propecia according to treatment.... for more information your can visit best hair restoration clinic in Pakistan.....
mania

Return to Hair Loss Discussions