Hair Loss Forum

Discussions on hair loss, hair treatment, hair restoration and how to stop hair loss.

any success story plz !!!!!!!

If you manage to stop your hair loss and would like to share your experience with us, you are most welcome to share it. You can also provide before and after pictures.

Moderators: dangrvs, frank

any success story plz !!!!!!!

Postby sandy » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:56 pm

Any success story ? Wish i knew, my hubbie is always saying he would love his hair back, his loss is at the front of his head like most, but the back grows really thick.

Indian Head Massage is supposed to help, i do it now and again for him, i can see a slight difference, he just laughs at that.

I dont think there are any 'real' lotions and potions that help.

I wonder if its hereditory, or its an emotional thing, or if it just happens and is it just men, i know womens hair thins out as they get oder, well some do , not all.

An interesting thought. please post any success story!!!
sandy

Re: any success story plz !!!!!!!

Postby hitman » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:14 pm

I started using Propecia some five months ago and it seems it is working for me as I am not losing hair anymore, now waiting to see if I can regrow them as well.
hitman

Postby spex » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:30 am

Propecia/proscar is the best proven way to hault further loss - You may even regrow with it.
spex

Postby dolphin » Tue May 13, 2008 3:47 pm

can anyone post their before and after pictures please ?
dolphin

Postby derek » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:06 am

I have been on propecia for more then eight months and managed to stop my hair loss. I have also regrown hair and now my crown does not showup the patch that I had some one year ago. thanx to propecia
derek

Postby maroraza » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:47 am

hi
any side effect of propecia?
derek wrote:I have been on propecia for more then eight months and managed to stop my hair loss. I have also regrown hair and now my crown does not showup the patch that I had some one year ago. thanx to propecia
maroraza

Postby jameskempton » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:59 pm

Hi, I think Saw Palmetto might help based on what I have read on Wikipedia and other sources, because it apparently prevents testosterone turning into dehydro testosterone (DHT). DHT causes hair follicles to contract apparently, so preventing the conversion of testosterone in thoery this allows hair growth to continue unhindered. There are also dietary methods to recover hair growth, for example eating sufficient protein in your diet as hair is made from protein.

I have been taking Saw Palmetto and my hair no longer falls out when I run my fingers through my hair. I have been taking Saw Palmetto for 6 months and apparently my hair is thicker than it was, but I didn't take a before and after photo because in all honesty I did not expect anything to prevent or reduce hair loss. I have seen a lot of statistics for hair loss products, and I don't know who to trust, but I have noticed Saw Palmetto turning up in the ingredients of certain products out there, which leads me to be hopeful that it may really be working.

Let's find out what works for sure, please sign my government petition to request an official watchdog to conduct unbiased research and publish complaints about the products out there that dont work.

(no links please)
jameskempton

Postby frank » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:29 pm

98% of men taking Propecia had no side effects. Clinical tests show PROPECIA is very well tolerated. A small number of men (1.8%) experience some sexual side effects. 1.3% reported erectile dysfunction.
frank

Postby poirot » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:42 pm

Hi,
I have been using Minoxidil 5% for approx. 1 year now.
My hair loss has stopped completely.
I wish I had started using this years ago !!

There has also been hair growth on the crown of my head - not as much as I would like, but nevertheless I am happy with the result - my expectations were not high when I started I must admit.

I get my supply from ( no links please) - it is minoxidil 5%.

74 pounds for 6 months supply is good value- I suggest if it doesn't work after 6 months you should try something else.

Good luck :D
poirot

Postby nickcomer4 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:56 pm

yep
nickcomer4

Next

Return to Stoping Hair Loss - The Success Stories