Hair Loss Forum

Discussions on hair loss, hair treatment, hair restoration and how to stop hair loss.

Has Propecia Worked for you ?Does Propecia Work in Men?

Many people wonder, "Does Propecia work" Propecia has been proven to be an effective treatment for male pattern baldness in men has it worked for you ?

Moderators: dangrvs, frank

Has Propecia Worked for you ?Does Propecia Work in Men?

Postby admin » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:09 am

Does Propecia Work in Men?
Many studies have been conducted to look at whether Propecia works for male hair loss. One study looked at using Propecia in men for male pattern baldness with hair loss at the very top of the head. In beginning, the men who took Propecia grew new hair, while the men who took the placebo continued to lose hair. After about a year, the increase in new hair growth stopped for the men on Propecia, and these men started to slowly lose their hair again. However, the hair loss was much slower for the men taking Propecia than for the men who were taking the placebo.

After taking Propecia for five years, 48 percent of men had increased hair growth, 42 percent had no change (the hair loss had stopped), and 10 percent had lost hair. For the men who were taking the placebo, 75 percent had lost hair after five years. Also, once men stopped taking Propecia, the beneficial effects for hair loss wore off over one year.

Propecia has also been shown to be effective in treating male pattern baldness with hair loss on the front and center of the head. However, Propecia has never been shown to work for hair loss near the temples.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Has Propecia Worked for you ?Does Propecia Work in Men?

Postby HealthyLiving8 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:35 pm

on the box it says something like this
it works for 62 percent of the men
and the other percent, it does nothing, but you have to use it for three months to see if it works..
guess what kind on money your going to spend for at least three months
to see if it works
HealthyLiving8

Postby heather » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:19 pm

For me its working :)
heather

Postby JasonB » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:17 am

Hi,

Just signed up

I have been taking Propecia for just under 3 months, friends and family say the bald patch at the back of my head is starting to re-grow, the hair is still thin so can still see my scalp, but the front feels as tho it is reseeding more.

I also use Regaine Extra Strength twice daily.
JasonB

Postby andyking » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:00 am

I read most of the posts and I would like to share my experience on Propecia.

I'm 40 and have a hair loss problem since last 5 yrs. I tried many drugs, shampoos, gels and many other things and i settled for Propecia Finasteride since last two years.

Propecia is the best medicine for hair loss. Propecia works differently with different people. It certainly has some side effects and these side effects disappears as our body gets used to the medication.

I'm using Propecia for year and half. I too had side effects in the beginning and as my body got used to it slowly, most of the side effects disappeared. Propecia is long term medication. You have to continue at least for six months.

After year and a half, today 80% of my receding hairline disappeared with negligible side effects.
andyking

Postby Mac009 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:20 pm

I have to agree, I have been taking Propecia for last 8 months and already I have started to see the difference.

Cheers!!!! :P :P
Mac009

it might work but side effects on your sexual drive is a ris

Postby sophie » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:59 pm

Avoid the troubles of using chemical based products containing drugs like Finasteride, look on wikipedia Side effects of finasteride include impotence (1.1% to 18.5%), abnormal ejaculation (7.2%), decreased ejaculatory volume (0.9% to 2.8%), abnormal sexual function (2.5%), gynecomastia (2.2%), erectile dysfunction (1.3%), ejaculation disorder (1.2%) and testicular pain.
My brother has been using it for 2 years and no effect, he also used minoxidile for 6 months and got allergy to it, it has so many side effects including burning or irritation of the eye; itching; redness or irritation at the treated area; unwanted hair growth elsewhere on the body. Users should seek medical attention right away if they experience the severe side effects: Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chest pain; dizziness; fainting; fast heartbeat; sudden, unexplained weight gain; swollen hands or feet.[7]
i dont think it is worth it when you can have herbal and natural options to try first have a look at that website www.ukhairsolutions.com i felt my hair helathier after 3 weeks and my brother bold for 5 years had some hairs back 2 months later. he has been using for 6 months now and the results are amazing i can send pictures!!
you also need to change your diet and apply essential oils in your last rince when you wash your hair, and destress with yoga or anything else.
this product worked on every person i know who used it, it is 100% natural it only cost £10 to try and they ship internationally.
why would you risk using chemicals before trying natural treatment.
Trust me give it a try
sophie

Postby propecianow » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:48 am

Propecia is the first and only effective hair loss product. I am using Propecia for 7 months and I am very satisfied with the results. If you want to buy propecia then visit: http://www.propecianow.net/
propecianow

Postby mania » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:51 am

in the recent time due some deficiency and improper diet, now it is good new for you that you can recover your hair naturally by hair transplant surgery, you just need to choose best hair resotration center in Islamabad for better results
mania

Return to Does Propecia Work